Recipe by Kitzy
Nicoise salad traditionally contains anchovies, but in this one they are replaced by capers.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
Very nice salad. The market didn't have French beans so I used a mixture of green and yellow beans. I also used only 3 tomatoes.I mixed all the ingredients together in one bowl rather than individual plates since not everyone made it to dinner. I would have like the dressing to have a bit more bite, but that's just a personal preference. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag.
- 455 g French beans
- 2 large potatoes
- 6 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 55 g olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beans and potatoes seperately in boiling water. Leave to cool and slice them.
- Quarter the tomatoes and arrange them with the beans and potatoes on individual salad plates.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard and seasoning then pour over the salad.
- Chop the olives finely, combine them with the capers and sprinkle this over the salad.