Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nicoise salad traditionally contains anchovies, but in this one they are replaced by capers.
- 455 g French beans
- 2 large potatoes
- 6 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 55 g olives
- Cook the beans and potatoes seperately in boiling water. Leave to cool and slice them.
- Quarter the tomatoes and arrange them with the beans and potatoes on individual salad plates.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard and seasoning then pour over the salad.
- Chop the olives finely, combine them with the capers and sprinkle this over the salad.
Very nice salad. The market didn't have French beans so I used a mixture of green and yellow beans. I also used only 3 tomatoes.I mixed all the ingredients together in one bowl rather than individual plates since not everyone made it to dinner. I would have like the dressing to have a bit more bite, but that's just a personal preference. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag.
This made a very nice salad along with some soup. I used leftover green beans, fingerling potatoes and cherry tomatoes. I added a little homemade french dressing that was leftover and it was great! Thanks!