Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Every time I go to a cafe I see the most amazing looking roast vegetable Panini’s but with my partner and I being vegan we needed one without cheese. After searching for a recipe here I decided to collaborated a few vegetable recipes and put them into a Panini with so avocado and relish. For the mushroom I used Portabella Mushroom Panini For the capsicum I used Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 red capsicums
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 4 slices bread
- Preheat the oven to about 230c.
- As per recipe #18589: Cut the capsicum in half and remove the seeds.
- Use the olive oil and cover a baking sheet you may use less this is an estimate.
- Place Capsicum skin side up and bake for about 20 mins till black.
- Following recipe #90712: Prepare mushroom marinade by mixing the balsamic vinegar with the salt in a small dish.
- Lightly brush the mushrooms with the mixture.
- When the 20 mins is up remove the capsicum and place the mushrooms on the same sheet for 20mins.
- With the capsicum either place them into a dish covered with foil or into a paper bag for 10-15 minutes This will steam them to enable easy removal of the skin.
- Remove the skin from the avocado and slice into strips and heat up the Panini press.
- Slice the Panini’s in half.
- When the capsicum is touchable gently remove the skin in time to remove the mushrooms.
- I normally do one Panini at a time but it is possible to do both. Lay one slice of the Panini on the press and place half the avocado strips followed with two halve of the capsicum, one mushroom and the other half of the Panini.
- Wait till the Panini is nicely browned and remove. Cut in half and serve with your choice of relish tangy tomato is our fave.