Recipe by urbn_hmstdr
Vegan "ricotta" cheese for Lasagna, Spanakopita, Etc.
Top Review by Laurenhanna
was a good recipe. I only used 3 tps of the yeast & because of the first comment/rater i was careful with my salt and ended up fine - they must have not tasted the tofu blend before using in a dish. i think i ended up used about 3/4 tsp salt. thanks for the post!
Directions See How It's Made
- mash tofu to a fine consistency.
- add yeast flakes and salt to taste.
- you want to go more "salty" than "yeasty".
- do not use brewer's yeast or baker's yeast they are NOT the same thing!
- use in recipes calling for ricotta such as lasagna, spanakopita, etc.
- you can add spices into the mix such as thyme, a little celery salt, etc.