- 12 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb (can also use raspberries, or 1/2 rhubarb and 1/2 blueberries)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 egg substitute (I use Enger-G)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/3 of the margarine and pour into the bottom of a pie pan.
- Mix the rhubarb, with 1/3 of the salt and 1/2 of the sugar.
- Put this in the pie pan and stir until coated with margarine.
- Melt the remaining margarine.
- Add the milk and egg substitute and mix well.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, 1/2 of the sugar, and 1/2 of the salt.
- Mix until blended, but do not overmix.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes on a baking sheet, then reduce heat and cover with foil, and continue baking another 30 minutes.