Recipe by XxXxkittykat
This is a pretty good cake, made with carob powder. Tastes kinda caroby, but still alright.
Top Review by LinaChantal93
I just made these as mini bundt cakes, and they are absolutely scrumptious! The only trouble I had was that they stuck just a little to the pan, but that was my own fault for not greasing it well enough. The only change I made was to use applesauce since the only egg "substitute" available where I live is actually egg whites (ick).
I am definitely going to make these again for my mother's birthday next month, but I think I'll add the red colouring for that (she thinks it's prettier).
- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together Earth Blance and sugar add the Ener-G + water and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a third bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, vinegar (and red food coloring if you want a red looking cake), let set a minute.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the creamed sugar/butter, alternating with the soured milk until you've added it all and it's well mixed.
- Pour the batter into lined cupcake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost with frosting if desired.