Recipe by BelovedRooster
I tried this recipe at a barbeque and was amazed! What is written is what I copied from the host's copy of The Whole Foods Cookbook.
Top Review by groovyrooby
This review is long overdue. My family LOVES this potato salad! I'm digging up the recipe again for a fish fry this weekend. It is so colorful with red, green, and yellow and SO tangy with pineapple juice to sweeten it up. GREAT stuff! I decrease the olive oil just a bit, but overall it's perfect as-is. Thanks so much for posting this wonderful alternative to typical mayo potato salad!
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 6 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄8 cup cider vinegar
- 6 basil leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter potatoes and steam for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl with salt and pepper and set aside.
- While potatoes steam, make salad dressing: in a food processor, add mustard and oil and blend well.
- Add juice, vinegar, basil, and spices, processing until smooth.
- Once potatoes cool, add them to the bowl of seasoned veggies.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle in dressing and toss to coat.
- Most Excellent!