Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yeah I know what everyone is thinking...vegan/tofu cheesecake (skeptical face)...well, I honestly haven't tried it but I want to post it just in case anyone wants to/I will eventually! This comes from vegweb.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) containerof plain vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 ounces firm tofu (2/3 of a 15 oz. package)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) container vegan raspberry yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- vegan graham cracker crust
- raspberry pie filling, to top
- fresh raspberry (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crumble tofu by hand and then put into a blender along with all pie ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth- this will be relatively thick.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a golden skin has formed on the top.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate several hours until cold.
- Top with a thin layer raspberry filling and sprinkle fresh raspberries on top of that.