Recipe by Liminal V.
A wonderful side dish with rice or any other meal you like. Tried my best to capture the coolness and freshness of yogurt-cucumber in a vegan style. Please note that the measurements are not exact, and you should experiment until you find the desired consistency. I didn't use any measurements.
- 1⁄3 cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios (or cashews, or any nuts or seeds you like)
- 1⁄4 cup dill
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2⁄3 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pistachios, cucumber, water, dill, parsley, basil and nutritional yeast together and place in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chop cucumber very finely and add to the mix. Chop basil and add to the mix. Add fresh lemon juice until the tartness balances the nutty and earthiness of the mix. Spoon out some of the lemon fiber, chop it and add it to the mix.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cool in refrigerator until chilled and then serve.