- 236.59 ml natural bran
- 118.29 ml oat bran
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 118.29 ml walnut pieces (optional)
- 59.14 ml ground flax seeds (optional)
- 14.79 ml egg substitute
- 59.14 ml soymilk
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 236.59 ml soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the raisins in the boiling water to soak. Set aside.
- Mix together the bran, flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and walnuts and flax seeds (if using) in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg replacer with the 1/4 cup of soy milk. Using a food processor (especially a mini one) at this point is handy but not necessary. Add the apple sauce and molasses and mix well.
- Using a sieve, strain the raisins and reserve the water.
- Coat the raisins with some flour.
- Pour all the wet ingredients (soy milk, applesauce/molasses mixture and raisin water &c.) into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the raisins.
- Mix the batter together and let stand while the oven heats up.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper muffin cups or spray with non-stick spray.
- Heat the oven to 400 F and bake for 15-20. The muffins are ready when a toothpick comes out dry.