Recipe by the80srule
A non-veggie guest of mine commented on a batch of tofu I made with Old Bay, she said that it reminded her of eating rainbow trout when she was a child. I wouldn't know what it tastes like, so I'll take her word for it! Old Bay has so much tasty versatility, I used Old Bay Seasoning #2 rather than storebought. I heartily recommend serving this with wild rice pilaf and Roasted Asparagus!
- 1 (17 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the tofu and place it on a cutting board, drying it off with paper towels and squeezing out extra water very carefully.
- Cut into 8 length-wise chunks, then put them into a tossing bowl.
- Make a marinade out of the other ingredients.
- Layer the marinade over the tofu and toss well to coat.
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Heat up a frying pan over medium heat, and cook each piece for about 5-6 minutes on each side until nicely browned.