Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think I got this out of a cookbook, but I can't remember which one... anyway, it's a nice, simple, tasty dish that I always make as a main dish, but could also be served as a side.
- 1 lb tri-color spiral pasta
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienne (roughly 1 jar)
- 20 asparagus spears, cut into 1-2 inch pieces (roughly 1 bundle)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and sautee until it begins to soften and then add the sun-dried tomatoes (with the packed oil), rosemary, basil, salt and pepper. Cook until everything is softened and fragrant.
- Pour over the pasta, toss and serve hot.