1/3 Photos of Vegan " Meat & Cheese" Spinach Lasagna
1 hr 10 mins
The spinach "ricotta cheese" mixture is made with firm tofu and vegan cream cheese. It tastes rich & the white layer looks beautiful when served. Very easy to prepare and not runny like so many other vegetarian lasagnas seem to be. Very well received by non-vegans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spinach Ricotta Cheese mixture
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package firm tofu, well-drained
- 8 ounces tofutti vegan cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well-drained
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil (dried or fresh)
- 2 teaspoons parsley (dried or fresh)
- ground pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 20 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces frozen morningstar soy crumbles ("ground beef")
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In olive oil, saute chopped onions and garlic, Stir in mushrooms, basil and parsley and saute for a few more minutes.
- 2In a bowl, combine saute pan contents with well-squeezed/drained tofu and vegan cream cheese.
- 3Add well-drained spinach to saute pan and heat briefly to remove any remaining moisture in spinach, Incorporate into "cheese" mixture, salt and pepper liberally.
- 4Cover bowl and let sit in fridge for at least 30 minute,preferably over night-The longer it sits together, the better the flavors meld, (This is also nice because you get 1/2 the prep done the night before and can throw your lasagna together in minutes the next day).
- 5Heat "ground beef" crumbles in pan with some of the tomato sauce, about 1/2 to 1c.
- 6Cook lasagna noodles according to package (usually 12 minutes), Add oil to salted boiling water to keep noodles from sticking to one another.
- 7Spray 9x13 dish w/ non-stick, Layer 3 noodles, layer half remaining tomato sauce, layer half of "cheese" mixture, 2nd layer noodles, layer all "ground beef" mixture, layer second half of "cheese" mixture, 3rd layer noodles covered with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle top liberally with vegan parmesan cheese.
- 8Cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, and uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- 9Let sit for 5+ minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan " Meat & Cheese" Spinach Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 393.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan cream cheese