Recipe by hlvw
This quinoa salad recipe is surprisingly tasty and healthy! Whole grain quinoa cooks quicker than most grains and is an excellent source of protein with about 11 grams of protein per cup of cooked quinoa. Feel free to experiment by adding different veggies such as zuchinni, corn or even kale or spinach greens. From About.com: Vegetarian Recipes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw whole grain quinoa
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup lightly steamed broccoli floret
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste (sea salt tastes best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook quinoa in vegetable broth until it fluffs up, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While quinoa is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic cloves and salt and pepper.
- When quinoa is finished cooking, allow to cool slightly then, toss with vegetables and lemon juice mix, stirring to combine well. Add more salt and pepper to taste, and chill before serving.