Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
look at the title.
- 4 large flour tortillas or 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 onion, julienne cut
- 2 bell peppers, julienne cut
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack-style soy cheese
- 14 ounces diced green chilies
- * Preheat griddle or skillet to 375F, or choose the med. heat setting on your stove.
- * Preheat oven to 160°F.
- in a two-quart saucepan, saute the onions and peppers in the oil until tender.
- Lay one tortilla flat on the preheated griddle. Place 1/4 of the onions, peppers, cheese, and green chilies on the tortilla. Grill until cheese starts to melt.
- Fold in half and grill on each side for 1 minute
- Place in 160F oven to keep warm while making the remaining quesadillas.
- cut each into 4 wedges and serve.
I thought these were very good despite the Vegan soy cheese. I only made enough for two small quesadillas. Made for Spring 2009 PAC (Pick A Chef).