Recipe by SaveACow
Vegan Pumpkin Cake--it's the best!
Top Review by Z-cook
I made this at Thanksgiving for my vegan niece and her hubby. It was wonderful! It had no "veganism" that anyone could turn up their nose at! I'm making it again this weekend not because it's vegan, but because it's so good (and I have a box of egg substitute I need to use!)
- 1 3⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- vegan egg replacer powder for 2 egg
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 350°F Grease and flour inside of a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmet, and salt into a bowl. Whisk to combine well, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg replacer and sugars at low speed about 2 minutes until pale. Add oil, pumpkin, milk, and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Add flour mixture at low speed in three additions, mixing just until blended. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in walnuts. Pour into pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
- To serve, cut into squares; may frost with vanilla frosting if desired.