2 hrs 20 mins
Another vegan recipe from Compassion Over Cruelty website. This calls for a 10-12 pound pumpkin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 fresh pumpkin
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans or 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 bell pepper, cut into inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups water or 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil (for coating)
- 1Carve a hole in the top of the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- 2Scoop out 2 cups of pumpkin and cube. Then set the pumpkin aside.
- 3In a large pot, simmer the cubed pumpkin chunks, beans, bell pepper, onion, potatoes, carrots, garlic, celery, tomatoes, and vegetable stock or water for 35 to 45 minutes.
- 4Stir occasionally and season to your taste.
- 5Place the pumpkin in a shallow pan and place the stew inside the pumpkin. Brush the outside of the pumpkin with a very light coating of vegetable oil.
- 6Bake the pumpkin and stew at 350°F for 2 hours, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- 7Serve out of the carved pumpkin while hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pumpkin Stew (Cooked in a Pumpkin!)
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 483.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: