Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
modified from ppk
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350, mist an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan w/ nonstick cooking spray .
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the first 7 ingredients (the dry ingredients).
- Combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together very well.
- Pour the wet into the dry ingredients until everything is evenly moistened (the batter will be stiff).
- Spoon batter into loaf pan, distribute evenly along the length of the pan but don't spread the batter to the edges, that will happen as it is baking. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove bread from oven and turn the bread out of the loaf pan onto a cooling rack. Wait until bread cools before slicing. If you have left overs, wrap in plastic and it should keep for about a week.