Recipe by fallenrunner
I got this off a website, should be good with pumpkins this month!
Top Review by penga
This wasn't exactly what I was looking for but the scones still turned out great. I will definitely be making these again as this recipe is easy enough to alter. I can't get vegan margarine here unfortunately but vegetable oil worked fine. Thank you for helping to expand my vegan baking repertoire.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and ginger). Cut in margarine, adding a bit at a time until mixed. Add pumpkin and combine well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough a few times, pushing it into a large circle, a few inches thick.
- Cut into 12 or so triangular pieces. Imagine you are cutting a pizza so that you get even, triangular slices.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until done.