Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Vegan Planet, these pumpkin pie pancakes are a-ma-zing! You can substitute real milk if you don't mind them not being vegan, and you can also substitute 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon plus 1/4 teaspoon ginger and 1/8 teaspoon EACH nutmeg and cloves for one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soy milk, canned pumpkin, and corn oil and process until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing with a few swift strokes until just combined.
- Use a skillet to make pancakes as you would with regular pancake batter.
Loved these pancakes! So easy to make and a great variation on plain pancakes. Though I didn't try it this time, I might skip the oil next time. I think the pumpkin puree would be a good subsitute. I'll report back...
I like the texture of these. I love pumpkin pie, and would strive to make this even more pumpkin-y. Is it possible? I will try to add even more pumpkin next time. Hard to believe it's vegan yet so good!
Delicious! I added chocolate chips and walnuts in mine :)