1/3 Photos of Vegan Pumpkin Penne
To give credit where it is due, I based this off another post, Penne With Pumpkin Sauce because it looked delicious but I decided to change some ingredients to make it vegetarian suitable (primarily vegan) and healthier. I would garnish this with real parmesan as shown in the original post, but vegans and the lactose intolerant may like to use My Vegan Parmesan. This would be great with whole wheat pasta or that Ronzoni Smart Taste stuff made from veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil over moderate heat until soft and translucent.
- 2Stir in the pumpkin, broth, water, soymilk, nutmeg, and some salt & pepper to taste.
- 3Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- 4While the sauce is simmering, boil the penne in salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- 5Dain penne well, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- 6Add the penne to the sauce and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring and thinning with reserved water if needed, for 5-20minutes or until pasta is well-coated.
- 7Stir parsley into pasta and serve with parmesan cheese, as desired.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pumpkin Penne
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: