Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
No eggs or substitutes needed! Be sure to ONLY use aluminum-free baking powder or this won't turn out. Can be made gluten free by substituting the flours with equal amounts of Bob's Red Mill gluten free all purpose baking flour. Saw this being made on a health show, but I haven't tried it yet!
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried currants or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix wet ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine both (batter will be quite thick).
- Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Spoon into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with oil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan to cool completely.