Delicious creamy soup great for a cold day.
Make and share this Vegan Pumpkin Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan cook onion an d garlic in oil until translucent.
- Add curry powder and parsley and mix well. Add broth and pumpkin and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Add soy or rice milk and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yum, we are having few cold and raining days the last few days so this was perfect for lunch. I doubled the recipe because I had a large pumpkin otherwise I kept to the recipe. The curry went really well with the soup and the soy milk made it really creamy. Served it with some toasted Turkish bread. Thank you YogaLife
This is a great recipe. I can't believe I've never made soup with canned pumpkin before. It's so easy and makes a yummy soup. I didn't have any soy milk so I used a 15 oz can of lite coconut milk. I think really any milk would work. I didn't have any vegetable broth so I used 2 c. of water and 2 T. Knorr vegetable recipe mix. I'm so glad I tried this recipe. Thanks for posting it.
I've made this for the last 2 years and it's awesome. The first year, I had no soy milk, but did have almond milk, and it was wonderful, so that's what I continue to use!