Recipe by YogaLife
Delicious creamy soup great for a cold day.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yum, we are having few cold and raining days the last few days so this was perfect for lunch. I doubled the recipe because I had a large pumpkin otherwise I kept to the recipe. The curry went really well with the soup and the soy milk made it really creamy. Served it with some toasted Turkish bread. Thank you YogaLife
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups soymilk (or ricemilk)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan cook onion an d garlic in oil until translucent.
- Add curry powder and parsley and mix well. Add broth and pumpkin and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Add soy or rice milk and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.