Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a rich & mouth watering dessert that calls for a little ice cream or whipped topping ... so good! It's a perfect pie for the Holidays and for all of the chocolate lovers in the house. The pie crust recipe is from "Vegan Planet" by Robin Robertson & the filling comes from "Eat, Drink & Be Vegan" by Dreena Burton.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled vegan chocolate cookies
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) canorganic pumpkin pie mix
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- Pie Crust:.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly oil a 9 inch pie plate or springform pan.
- In a medium sized bowl or food processor, combine the crumbs, 1 tbsp of sugar, the soy margarine & mix well. Transfer to the prepared pan & press the mixture against the bottom & side of the pan. Bake for 5 minutes & then set aside to cool.
- Pie Filling:.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Using a double-boiler, melt the 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips over medium/low heat while stirring occasionally.
- While chocolate is melting, in a food processor or blender, add pumpkin pie mix, sugar, arrowroot powder and salt. Puree until very smooth. Once chocolate is melted, add to food processor and puree with pumpkin mixture.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and tip pie back and forth to evenly distribute filling. Sprinkle on 2 tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes & then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for another 35 minutes, until pie is set (the center may be soft, but it will set further as it cools). Carefully remove from oven & place on cooling rack. Let it cool completely before slicing, refrigerate if desired.