Mariah Me's Note:
A simple recipe for people who are vegetarian and/or transitioning to vegan. Theres not a lot of vegan recipes on here, so I decided to post it. It's something simple that's a good thing to have for lunch or even as a side dish. It gives a lot of nutrients and you really cant taste them in with the potatoes, for those of you who are picky eaters like me. I left his really open, I put in peppers and mushrooms, but this recipe is very easy to turn into a "Clear Your Kitchen Of Unwanted Or About To Spoil Veggies" recipe. And it's good because it's healthy, filling, and uses no meat and or animal products. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1CLEAN EVERYTHING!
- 2Dice your peppers. I personally like them smaller, but use your own preferences. If you have whole potatoes slice them as well.
- 3Put your oil into a skillet, anything not cast iron, and put the heat on a medium flame.
- 4Pour the potatoes into your skillet. Use a plastic spatula to mix them.
- 5Let some of the water burn off. When it starts to sizzle, turn the flame down just a little.
- 6First pour in the spices and pepper. I used the above measurement, but you can put anything in really. Spice to taste.
- 7Pour the peppers and mushrooms inches Again, I used the above measurement, but you can put more or less inches.
- 8Turn the heat back up to medium. Now you have to watch it and continue stirring.
- 9When all the water has evaporated pour in the garlic.
- 10Cook until your preference is met. If you like them not too crispy, wait until the edge of the potatoes are golden brown. If you like them crispier then wait until theyre a darker brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 752.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: