Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple recipe for people who are vegetarian and/or transitioning to vegan. Theres not a lot of vegan recipes on here, so I decided to post it. It's something simple that's a good thing to have for lunch or even as a side dish. It gives a lot of nutrients and you really cant taste them in with the potatoes, for those of you who are picky eaters like me. I left his really open, I put in peppers and mushrooms, but this recipe is very easy to turn into a "Clear Your Kitchen Of Unwanted Or About To Spoil Veggies" recipe. And it's good because it's healthy, filling, and uses no meat and or animal products. Enjoy.
- 2 cups sliced white potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (Polaner Brand is nice and sweet)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon spices (I Used McCormick "Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb")
- CLEAN EVERYTHING!
- Dice your peppers. I personally like them smaller, but use your own preferences. If you have whole potatoes slice them as well.
- Put your oil into a skillet, anything not cast iron, and put the heat on a medium flame.
- Pour the potatoes into your skillet. Use a plastic spatula to mix them.
- Let some of the water burn off. When it starts to sizzle, turn the flame down just a little.
- First pour in the spices and pepper. I used the above measurement, but you can put anything in really. Spice to taste.
- Pour the peppers and mushrooms inches Again, I used the above measurement, but you can put more or less inches.
- Turn the heat back up to medium. Now you have to watch it and continue stirring.
- When all the water has evaporated pour in the garlic.
- Cook until your preference is met. If you like them not too crispy, wait until the edge of the potatoes are golden brown. If you like them crispier then wait until theyre a darker brown.