Recipe by SassiFras
I found this at the Care2 website @ http://www.care2.com/greenliving/classic-fall-sweets.html while I was searching for healthy recipes on the 'net. I haven't made it yet, but it looks easy enough to make.
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn, organic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, organic
- 1⁄2 cup barley malt syrup
- 1 cup cold water, to prevent sticky hands
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Pop popcorn, per instructions on package and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Mix maple and barley malt syrups in a small sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
- 3. Lower heat to medium-low, and stir constantly for 5-6 minutes.
- 4. Pour the hot syrup over the popcorn and mix thoroughly.
- 5. Slightly moisten your hands with cold water, and form balls by firmly packing the mixture in your hands. Be sure to moisten your hands before making each ball.
- 6. Place balls in a covered container or wrap in wax paper, then freeze until the syrup hardens.