I found this at the Care2 website @ http://www.care2.com/greenliving/classic-fall-sweets.html while I was searching for healthy recipes on the 'net. I haven't made it yet, but it looks easy enough to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Pop popcorn, per instructions on package and place in a large bowl.
- 22. Mix maple and barley malt syrups in a small sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
- 33. Lower heat to medium-low, and stir constantly for 5-6 minutes.
- 44. Pour the hot syrup over the popcorn and mix thoroughly.
- 55. Slightly moisten your hands with cold water, and form balls by firmly packing the mixture in your hands. Be sure to moisten your hands before making each ball.
- 66. Place balls in a covered container or wrap in wax paper, then freeze until the syrup hardens.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Popcorn Balls
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
barley malt syrup