Recipe by KristinV
I was on my way home one night dreaming of pizza. I wanted something other than capsicum, mushrooms, olives and soy cheez and I wanted a hint of heat too. This is what I came up with! This makes one medium pizza and I imagine that omni's would like it too.
- 14.79 ml vegan margarine
- 14.79 ml flour
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 120 ml soymilk
- 1 pizza crust (pre-prepared and vegan friendly or make your own)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml crushed garlic
- 100 g sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced 2mm thin)
- 29.58 ml chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- red onion (two thin rings, seperated)
- handful rocket
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper, sliced and diced)
- 14.79 ml coriander (chopped finely)
- 0 fresh chili pepper (optional, sliced thinly)
Directions See How It's Made
- TO MAKE CURRY SAUCE.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan and remove from stove.
- Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth.
- Return to stove and gradually add the soy milk, stirring continuously until thickened. Place to the side.
- TO MAKE PIZZA.
- Pre-heat oven to 230°C.
- Mix the oil and garlic together and spred onto the pizza base and then spread the curry sauce evenly over this.
- Lightly steam the sweet potato until just tender (I use a steamer bag in the microwave for 45 secs) and then place onto the curry sauce base.
- Follow with chickpeas, onion, rocket and capsicum.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes for pre-prepared pizza (as per instructions for homemade).
- Upon removal, evenly distribute coriander and chilli (if using) over the top of the pizza.