1/2 Photos of Vegan Pizza - Curry, Sweet Potato, and Rocket
I was on my way home one night dreaming of pizza. I wanted something other than capsicum, mushrooms, olives and soy cheez and I wanted a hint of heat too. This is what I came up with! This makes one medium pizza and I imagine that omni's would like it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 5/8 cup soymilk
- 1 pizza crust (pre-prepared and vegan friendly or make your own)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 0.22 lb sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced 2mm thin)
- 2 tablespoons chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- red onion (two thin rings, seperated)
- handful rocket
- 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper, sliced and diced)
- 1 tablespoon coriander (chopped finely)
- 1/4 fresh chili pepper (optional, sliced thinly)
- 1TO MAKE CURRY SAUCE.
- 2Melt margarine in a small saucepan and remove from stove.
- 3Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth.
- 4Return to stove and gradually add the soy milk, stirring continuously until thickened. Place to the side.
- 5TO MAKE PIZZA.
- 6Pre-heat oven to 230°C.
- 7Mix the oil and garlic together and spred onto the pizza base and then spread the curry sauce evenly over this.
- 8Lightly steam the sweet potato until just tender (I use a steamer bag in the microwave for 45 secs) and then place onto the curry sauce base.
- 9Follow with chickpeas, onion, rocket and capsicum.
- 10Place in oven for 8 minutes for pre-prepared pizza (as per instructions for homemade).
- 11Upon removal, evenly distribute coriander and chilli (if using) over the top of the pizza.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pizza - Curry, Sweet Potato, and Rocket
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.9
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 212.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: