Pretty simple for an upside-down cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Pour juice off can of pineapple into 1 cup measuring cup--it should be about 3/4 cup juice. Add water to make 1 cup.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine apple sauce, lemon juice and juice water.
- 5Dump pineapple chunks into the bottom of a 12 inch spring form pan (you could use an 8x8 or other sized spring form, just adjust cooking time).
- 6Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 7Quickly mix wet ingredients into dry, stirring quickly to combine ingredients well and get out the big lumps.
- 8Pour into pan on top of the pineapple/brown sugar mix.
- 9Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Let cool and loosen sides of cake from pan. Place serving plate on top of cake.
- 11Flip cake over onto serving plate and remove pan bottom.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pineapple-Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 307.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: