Recipe by QueenQT26
This is from fat free vegan kitchen. Healthy and yummy...haven't made it yet, but hopefully I can make it soon enough! Lemme know...times are estimates.
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant) or 1 cup oats (not instant)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sugar (i.e. demerara)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar, such as demerara or 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray or wipe the bottom and sides of a 8 X 8-inch glass baking pan with oil or cooking spray. (You may use metal, but the baking time will vary.).
- Put the oats into a blender and grind until they are fine. Stir a couple of times to make sure that they're uniformly ground.
- Mix the oat flour with the other dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until moistened and completely combined, but don't overmix.
- Pour into the prepared pan (batter will be thick).
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon topping, and sprinkle it over the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.