Recipe by Seebee
Mint-chocolate-chip ice cream that's vegan? Wow...
Top Review by White Rose Child
This is really yummy "nice" cream! Its texture is more like ice milk; not super-creamy but sort of icy. I used peppermint-chocolate soymilk (Vitasoy), and halved the maple syrup since the milk was already so sweet. I also used about 1 cup chips only, and it was still loaded with chocolateyness! Made for PAC.
- 1 quart soymilk or 1 quart rice milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 cups brewed peppermint tea, cold
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped vegan chocolate or 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, place all of the ingredients, except the chopped chocolate bar, and simmer over low heat for 5-7 minutes to thoroughly dissolve the agar-agar flakes.
- Remove from heat and set aside until completely cooled.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice-cream maker per machine instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container, fold in the chopped chocolate bar, and allow to freeze 20 minutes or more before serving.