Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mint-chocolate-chip ice cream that's vegan? Wow...
- 1 quart soymilk or 1 quart rice milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 cups brewed peppermint tea, cold
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped vegan chocolate or 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, place all of the ingredients, except the chopped chocolate bar, and simmer over low heat for 5-7 minutes to thoroughly dissolve the agar-agar flakes.
- Remove from heat and set aside until completely cooled.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice-cream maker per machine instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container, fold in the chopped chocolate bar, and allow to freeze 20 minutes or more before serving.
This is really yummy "nice" cream! Its texture is more like ice milk; not super-creamy but sort of icy. I used peppermint-chocolate soymilk (Vitasoy), and halved the maple syrup since the milk was already so sweet. I also used about 1 cup chips only, and it was still loaded with chocolateyness! Made for PAC.