Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Make and share this Vegan Pecan Pie Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (non-hydrogenated vegan type)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses, plus
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons plain soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, whisked with
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk, whisked with
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, sugar and molasses with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes, ‘til lighter in color. Beat in flaxseed mixture, soy yogurt, salt and vanilla.
- With mixer on low speed, incorporate half of the flour mixture, followed by the soy milk mixture; finish with the remainder of the flour. Continue beating the batter 2 minutes to develop the gluten. Stir in the cooled pecans.
- Fill cupcake papers 2/3 full. Place pans in oven and bake cupcakes for 22 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting OR leave cupcakes unfrosted and serve with vanilla ice cream or dairy-free ice cream alternative.
- The centers of the cupcakes will sink slightly as they cool, creating a gooey interior.