Recipe by Houmous Monster
Obviously these won't be quite the same as the originals. I find them very sugary, but then I don't have much of a sweet-tooth. They have a good consistency though and a great peanut butter taste. For those with dietary restrictions they are a great treat.
Top Review by Casa Semanas
These are terrific! Easy to make and yummy yum yummy. I've made them about 6 or 8 times already. I've used regular and chocolate rice crispies, we're still deciding which is best. I use a 9" x 15" glass pan to pack them into to set. It turns out that 6 cups is exactly (close enough) one 284 gram box. AND if I slit the bag from inside the box, it's just the right size to line the pan - no wasted wax paper. Also using a rolling pizza cutter is great for chopping them up. Also a good excuse to "tidy up" the edges (cook's treat). Thanks! I really didn't want to use marshmellows or butter.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white syrup or 1 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a tray about 9x13 inches. Also grease the spoon you'll use for mixing and something like a cake slice.
- Pour sugar and syrup into a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add crunchy peanut butter mixing well.
- Add 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal, mixing till coated.
- Using the spoon pour out the mix into the greased tray. With the cake slice press the mixture down.
- Allow to stand till squares firm up then cut into even squares. I usually use a large pizza cutter but any good knife should do.
- They should last about 2 weeks.