Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are the perfect vegan treat for anyone who loves peanut butter. The best part? There's no eggs!
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Combine the first five ingredients until very smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, and fold in the oats and cranberries.
- Dough shouldn't be dry, if it is add more rice milk (but make sure the dough isn't too moist either, if so add another tablespoon of flour).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten cookies to desired shape (they won't bake down if you don't).
- Put into the oven set at 375° for 8 minutes. (they may not look done, but they will harden after being cooled).
These just may be the best cookie I have ever made! I am new to the vegan baking thing, but I love it. These are soft and chewy and just wonderful! I love knowing that my kids can eat the dough and I don't really have to worry about it. All 3 of the kids love them I could eat about 3 dozen of them myself. I did leave out the nutmeg and cranberries as suggested by the others. Thank you sooo much for making my first attempt at vegan cookies a success!
Love these! Quick and easy, thanks!
Yay! Wow I really love these! Took out the nutmeg per Yaffa's advice and these are my new favorite. And they're actually sort of healthy! Love them. Thank you!