Recipe by XxXxkittykat
These are the perfect vegan treat for anyone who loves peanut butter. The best part? There's no eggs!
Top Review by pahealthymom
These just may be the best cookie I have ever made! I am new to the vegan baking thing, but I love it. These are soft and chewy and just wonderful! I love knowing that my kids can eat the dough and I don't really have to worry about it. All 3 of the kids love them I could eat about 3 dozen of them myself. I did leave out the nutmeg and cranberries as suggested by the others. Thank you sooo much for making my first attempt at vegan cookies a success!
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first five ingredients until very smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, and fold in the oats and cranberries.
- Dough shouldn't be dry, if it is add more rice milk (but make sure the dough isn't too moist either, if so add another tablespoon of flour).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten cookies to desired shape (they won't bake down if you don't).
- Put into the oven set at 375° for 8 minutes. (they may not look done, but they will harden after being cooled).