Top Review by Debbwl
Yum!! Just had to try these and they had so many of my favorite ingredients and while they do not turn out quite like the cookies I am used to they are very yummy and extremely stratifying. I made these as written using the chocolate chip option, chunky all natural peanut butter and rolled oats, am very much looking forward to trying again using the barley or buckwheat option as think both would bring a wonderful dimension to these semi guilt free cookies. I quite often crave peanut butter and chocolate and this recipe satisfied both those cravings so will be keeping this recipe hand and for future cravings. Thanks for the post.
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour (I use whole spelt flour)
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour (I use spelt flour)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 6.16 ml cinnamon, ground
- 473.18 ml oats (I used a mix of barley, rye, spelt, buckwheat flakes and oats)
- 236.59 ml dry roasted salted peanuts or 118.29 ml vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup vegan pb chips
- 118.29 ml applesauce (no sugar added, all natural)
- 118.29 ml creamy natural-style peanut butter
- 28.39 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 28.39 ml dark brown sugar (or 1 tbs splenda brown sugar blend)
- 78.07 ml non-dairy milk (e.g. vanilla soy milk)
- 19.71 ml ground flax seeds
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and oats. Add in peanuts or chocolate chips and pb chips and stir to combine.
- In a second bowl beat together applesauce, peanut butter, sugars, ground flax seeds and vanilla.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. If your dough seems too wet to handle, add in more flour, if its too dry, add a tad more milk.
- Drop generous tbs full of dough per cookie onto a paper-lined or greased baking sheet leaving some space between the cookies (these wont spread much). Flatten cookies slightly using moistened fingers or a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350°F/175°C for about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. These cookies are more cake-like, so they wont crisp up.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Enjoy! :).