Recipe by hipbonez
These are so delicious... You have to just try them, I cant even explain.
Top Review by Black Radish
This is a good vegan cookie recipe overall - however its VERY sweet! Most choc. chip recipes have 1 1/2 cups of sugar - this was a sweet concoction at 2 full cups! BEWARE: If you choose to use vanilla soymilk (I used vanilla hemp milk) check the milk's label for sugar - as it makes the cookies even sweeter! I doubled the recipe with great success - using a full 2 cups of peanut butter. I tested several batches for cooking times and although the cookies appeared to be raw still at 10 minutes, they set up nicely after cooling and actually stayed moist. Those that I cooked 15 minutes were very very crunchy after cooling.
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk (regular or vanilla flavored)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (ghirridelli)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together first five ingredients.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, soda and salt.
- Stir into batter.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove sheet from oven and let cool on tray for 5 minutes.