Recipe by Seebee
Use as a filling for pies, tarts, pastries, or phyllo dough, or as a topping for desserts.
Top Review by White Rose Child
Followed instructions exactly and it came out lovely. Very thick and smooth. I was leery when I realised how lemony this was, making it to go with recipe#168216. But it was an awesome match! This would be great with just about anything (my mom's dreaming of blueberry muffins already). Thanks, Seebee and Chef Bennet!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups soymilk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, place the flour and whisk in 1/2 cups soy milk, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, place the remaining soy milk, sugar, and salt, and whisk to combine Add the flour mixture to the liquid ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, while whisking constantly, for 5-6 minutes or until thickened Add the remaining ingredients, whisk well to combine, and cook the mixture an additional 1 minute Remove the saucepan from the heat and transfer the mixture to a glass bowl.
- Place a piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap directly on top of the pastry cream to prevent a skin from forming on the top Place the pastry cream in the refrigerator for several hours to cool completely.