Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I'm a real pasta lover and had the craving again! So I put together this for my lunch. I used the low carb Dreamfield's pasta in this recipe, that way I don't feel like I'm having a carb. overload. I used dried herbs as I didn't have fresh. Instead of Sangria you can use red wine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion (chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper (sliced in sticks..I used green, yellow and red)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 5 mushrooms (I used medium buttons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 ounces cooked pasta
- 1⁄2 cup sangria (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the onion and celery and saute for a few minutes, at least until the onions start to get a bit transparent.
- Add the garlic, saute for a minute or two, then add the peppers and saute with the mushrooms for another minute or two.
- Add the herbs and sangria and reduce the sangria to about 1/2. This should take only a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Cook your pasta. Dreamfields spaghetti takes 8 minutes.
- When done top the pasta with the cooked veggies and a little romano cheese.
- Have it with a small glass of sangria or red wine.
- Bon Appetit!