I could not believe this recipe was on here. It's from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's book "Appetite for reduction" aka my bible! OH AND YES, YOU MUST LOVE GARLIC. THIS IS DROWNING IN IT. I like mine a little extra spicy so I add an extra pinch of pepper flakes and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb linguine, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups broccoli, tops cut into small florets, stalks sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 pinches fresh ground black pepper
- 11. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and use the time between starting at and the time it boils to prep your ingredients.
- 22. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Sautee the garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme in the oil for about a minute, and make sure you don’t burn them. Burnt herbs are not good eats.
- 33. Stir in the vegetable broth, wine, and salt. Add the broccoli, bring the liquid up to a simmer, and cover the pan. Cook for 8 to 13 minutes, depending on how done you like your broccoli. (I like mine to have a good crunch, so I go for about 10 minutes.).
- 44. When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the broccoli mixture. Toss with a pasta spoon for about three minutes, or until everything is thoroughly coated. Mix in the balsamic vinegar, and serve with generous doses of black pepper. There will be garlic left over in the bowl; don’t forget to spoon it out over your pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pasta Con Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 328.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: