1/1 Photo of Vegan Pasta Amatriciana
Vegan Courtney's Note:
This is a vegan version of a classic Italian dish traditionally made with guanciale or pancetta. It's really, really tasty, and you can make the sauce or just buy some and add to it. The sauce should be very spicy. Enjoy this one with a nice red wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tomato sauce (Prego basil and garlic is good)
- 6 leaves basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 3 slices vegetarian bacon (I like smart bacon or tempeh strips)
- 4 ounces pasta shells (or any other pasta you prefer)
- 1In a small sauce pan over low heat, add the tomato sauce, basil, garlic, crushed red peppers, and black pepper.
- 2Let simmer 10-15 minute.
- 3Fry the soy bacon for a few minutes in a small skillet.
- 4Chop it into small pieces.
- 5Add to sauce.
- 6Leaving the sauce on low to get nice and thick, cook the pasta according to directions.
- 7Drain the pasta.
- 8Taste-test the sauce and add salt or pepper to taste.
- 9Toss pasta and sauce.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pasta Amatriciana
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.2
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1476.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 12.6 g