Prep 8 mins
Cook 3 mins
Fluffy-ish. Depends on how much baking soda you put into them, otherwise, heart healthy and yummy. : )
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup, for serving
- Spray a pan with PAM, or any other non stick spray.
- I recommend, if you don't like your pancakes burnt, to put your pan on LOW heat. Nothing higher, so if you're impatient, you're out of luck. ; ).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.
- If you have a large enough measuring cup, you can just put all of your liquid ingredients into it and whisk. (I just find this way easier to do, it saves dishes!) If not, you can just put all of your liquids into a small bowl and whisk.
- Add your liquids to your dry ingredients and whisk together, making sure there aren't really big lumps. Some small ones are okay.
- When your pan is heated, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto your pan. If you want them bigger, go for it!
- Pancakes usually bubble when they're ready to flip, theses might take some time for them to bubble. I'd give it about 2-3 minutes on one side before you flip it.
- I've come to notice that once you get the hang of it, your pancakes should turn out looking like the ones on the packages!
- Once you flip it, give the underside a good minute or so before you remove it. They will puff up nicely.
- You can put it on a plate, place a paper towel over it to isolate the heat and stick it in either the microwave or the oven.
- Always make sure to re-spray your pan because if not, these will stick!
- ENJOY! : D.