Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Easy Vegan Pancakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup rice milk or 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- .Preheat Large skillet (coated with cooking spray) over medium-high about 2 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a seperate bowl, combine all the other ingredients. Adding wet ingredients to dry, mix until just combined. Do not overmix, a few lumps are okay.
- Cook pancakes until browned on the bottom and bubbles form on top, about 4 minutes. Turn the pancakes over and cook the other side until brown then remove from skillet and repeat with the rest of the batter until its all gone.
I really loved how this recipe used ingredients that are always in my kitchen. The pancakes were thick, but they were also light and fluffy. As other people have mentioned, I could also detect the bitter aftertaste of the large amount of baking powder, especially since I usually eat them plain or with a small amount of syrup. Next time I would try reducing it to 1 tbsp and maybe add some vanilla extract or lemon zest.
great recipe - but medium-high heat is too high. i burnt the first few pancakes that way. even medium seemed too high. i would go with a shade over medium-low.
however - these were very good pancakes. i added ground flax as well. and i was out of syrup - so we squeezed a lemon over the top and then some powdered sugar. that turned out very good.
I just made these pancakes and they turned out great!! Since the recipe did not specify to use plain or flavored rice or soy milk, I used Silk brand very vanilla soy milk. I will definately be making these again.