Recipe by Vegan Dave
A vegan version of a popular dish from Thailand.
Top Review by r.widmer
Soooooo delicious! Made a few tweaks (simply because those were the ingredients I had at home): instead of rice noodles: sweet potato-noodles, instead of gluten: tofu, and added a banana flower.... yummmm! Thank you Vegan Dave, can't wait to eat it again. Cheers from Rome, Italy
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 ounces dry rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 10 pieces gluten
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, while heating up a large frying pan or wok.
- Once the pan is hot melt the coconut oil in it, and throw in the gluten and peanuts. Season this with 1/4 tsp of the curry powder and stirfry while the noodles are softening.
- Mix in the garlic, sliced peppers and chopped green onion and continue to stirfry on medium.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the stirfy makeing sure they get covered evenly in oil. The noodles will soak up the oil and when that happens add the soy sauce.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Season with crushed red pepper, ginger, curry, cilantro, b. pepper, caynne, salt and continue to stirfry on low until noodles become slightly caramelized and the dish is evenly coated in it's seasonings.