Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from the Mayo Clinic website. It's healthy and vegan. Mayo Note: Whip up this frothy cooler in minutes — it tastes like an old-fashioned Creamsicle. For best results, start with ice-cold soy milk and use freshly squeezed orange juice. Creamy, custard-like silken tofu adds extra body. For additional calcium, use calcium-fortified orange juice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice, chilled
- 1 cup light vanilla soymilk, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup silk tofu or 1⁄3 cup soft tofu
- 1 tablespoon dark honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 peeled orange sections
- In a blender, combine everything except the orange segments. Blend until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into tall, chilled glasses and garnish with orange segments.
Since I really try to keep away from using ice cubes in drinks like this, I chilled ALL the ingredients! Also blended the orange sections along with everything else, for A NICE, TASTY DRINK, not as thick as a smoothie, perhaps, but then, we're not calling it one, either! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag]