1/1 Photo of Vegan Orange Cranberry Scones
Hanna Louise's Note:
A quick, easy, delicious and healthy scone recipe that is a hit at parties (even with anti-vegans) or a great snack or dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup orange juice (best with pulp)
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2/3-1 cup dried cranberries (orange-flavored works best if available)
- 2/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (or to taste)
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the oil, syrup, and orange juice.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix only until there are no visible flour clumps.
- 5Mix in cranberries and walnuts.
- 6Gather the dough up in your hands and place on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough a few times to make it a cohesive mass and then pat it into three 4-5 inch rounds that are about 3/4-1 inch high. (Or if you want larger but fewer scones you can pat the dough into 2 rounds 5-7 inches wide.)
- 7Sprinkle generously with turbinado raw cane sugar for extra crunch.
- 8Cut each round with a sharp knife into 8 triangles (like a pie), and place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 9Cook for 15-20 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. (Note: the scones tend to firm up slightly after they are removed from the oven and cool down so it is better to undercook them than to overcook them.) Best served warm but stay good for several days.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Orange Cranberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 110.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: