Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another vegan recipe. You can frost cupcakes once they're done.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy milk and vinegar and set aside until it curdles.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a smaller bowl.
- Whisk together the soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, orange and vanilla extracts.
- Mix in the sifted dry ingredients and mix until no large lumps remain.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.