Recipe by Nicole_85
This is an easy dinner recipe taken from a Peta magazine.
Top Review by Rajni Q.
Nice, easy recipe. I used 2 cans diced tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce, dried porcini mushrooms, and added shallot and a bird's eye pepper. This a versatile recipe and good for using up what you have in the fridge.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and heat on medium.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sugar, and spices to skillet.
- When mixture begins to boil, stir in pasta.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir mixture every 4-5 minutes while cooking.