Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy dinner recipe taken from a Peta magazine.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces macaroni
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and heat on medium.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sugar, and spices to skillet.
- When mixture begins to boil, stir in pasta.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir mixture every 4-5 minutes while cooking.
Nice, easy recipe. I used 2 cans diced tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce, dried porcini mushrooms, and added shallot and a bird's eye pepper. This a versatile recipe and good for using up what you have in the fridge.
Great recipe! I made a few changes which I think made it an even better meal. We used jalapeno diced tomatoes and instead of mushrooms we used corn! Nice recipe to play around with and use your own variations. Thank you for posting.