Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy vegan version of a breakfast favorite.
- tofu (firm or soft)
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks green onions, diced
- fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- soy cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Aminos
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional) or 1⁄8 cup margarine (optional)
- Crumble tofu (I like to use a plastic bag, but it can be done in the skillet with a masher).
- Add red and green peppers, mushrooms, tomato and onion to tofu in skillet.
- Add water and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cover with medium high heat for 10 minutes (This is what gives it the rich texture).
- Stir and add Braggs and nutritional yeast and turmeric (for color).
- Stir again and add grated soy cheese.
- Turn off heat, Cover for 2 minutes or until cheese melts and enjoy!
I have trouble eating early in the morning, but this recipe is wonderful because it is light enough to stomach at 7am and good for you, too. Thanks, Sanut
Delectable! I added black beans and salsa and put it in a wrap, but I'd like to try it with a splash of soy sauce, green onions, sesame seeds, and sesame oil for an Asian "scramble". Great idea! The food I've really missed since going vegan is eggs, and this fills the gap nicely.
This was really good! I put it on a torilla and wrapped it up is was so yumm!! Thanks a lot! -Nicole