Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
(makes 24 large or 48 small cookies)
Make and share this Vegan Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine, softened or 1⁄2 cup applesauce, unsweetened or 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ***Decided not to share recipe***.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and vegan margarine or butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;.
- remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies.
- FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons soymilk, 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
These were the best pumpkin cookies I've ever had although I wont be making them very often because they have so much sugar, though they are a great holiday-season treat to bring to a party. I used a lot more spices than the recipe called for (1 tablespoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground clove, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon allspice, and 2 tablespoons vanilla) and I thought they could still use more flavor. I used white whole wheat for all the flour. The cookies were also extremely moist and didn't quite have the normal consistency of cookies--maybe the cooking time was not long enough? The glaze also turned out clear, not the nice white kind you have in the picture. They were quite a hit though and I added this recipe to my recipezaar cookbook. I made a double batch a second time to bring to a party and added a cup of coconut and sprinkled on turbinado sugar to add some texture. They went over very well and several people asked me for the recipe.
These were super good! I have made a lot of pumpkin cookie recipes and this is by far the best. I used oil instead of magarine and didn't use whole wheat flour. These are a soft cake like cookie and i piped the dough out of a bag with a star tip and sprinkled with turbinado sugar. yum!
These cookies are awesome! I only used half of the sugar that was called for and used 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice instead of the other individual spices. I put a small piece of vegan chocolate into the centre of each cookie. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!