Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
(makes 24 large or 48 small cookies)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine, softened or 1⁄2 cup applesauce, unsweetened or 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ***Decided not to share recipe***.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and vegan margarine or butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;.
- remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies.
- FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons soymilk, 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
These were super good! I have made a lot of pumpkin cookie recipes and this is by far the best. I used oil instead of magarine and didn't use whole wheat flour. These are a soft cake like cookie and i piped the dough out of a bag with a star tip and sprinkled with turbinado sugar. yum!
Nice cookie for Halloween for an allergy kiddo. I added seasonal sprinkles to the top and cut down on the sugar. I used the unsweetened applesauce instead of butter and added a splash of oil. I also used pumpkin pie spice and gluten free flour. Next time I may throw in some chocolate chips. Good, adaptable recipe with a yummy texture.
SO GOOD! I expected the cookies to be soft but they were SUPER soft - literally a banana bread texture. My sister said they were like the tops of muffins - which is great 'cuz that's everybody's favourite part! I will definitely be making them again as they were a hit.